Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thanksgiving and Supplication

Lord, thank you for your profound and mysterious love. Thank you for your faithfulness and for the promises you’ve made to mankind since creation. Thank you for your patience and your justice and for the means of grace you have secured in our lives—your word, your saints, the avenue of prayer, the ability to use our gifts and our bodies.

Guide me today, gracious Lord. Hold me near and grant me courage to walk as you have walked, Jesus: to share your truth, to love my enemies, to be pure inside and out, to act compassionately and decisively, to touch the untouched, to empty myself unconsciously for the sake of others, to maintain faith in the Father and in his will in the face of uncertainties.

Forever faithful God, humble me! Save me from self-obsession, arrogance, and judgmentalism. Lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil in all of its forms. Grant me the grace to remain in you, that I may be transformed.

No comments:

Post a Comment